The Buick Encore GX: Something New and Exciting is Coming in 2020
The sleek new Encore GX comes to us next year, and it’s quickly becoming all the rage. An already successful crossover vehicle, the 2020 Encore GX arrives with a brand new look, feel, and size. That’s right, the all-new Encore GX fits itself perfectly between the subcompact Encore and the compact Envision, in terms of size, and it makes big moves by way of upgrades. Buick brings excitement to the crossover market, and we can’t wait to drive the new Encore GX.
For the past ten to twenty years, crossover vehicles (a modern morphing of a sedan and an SUV) have grown in popularity. These vehicles have now become such a part of our lives, it seems that’s mostly what we see out on the roads. It’s no surprise car manufacturers have taken notice of this, and we are seeing the crossover market grow at an incredible rate—in particular, smaller crossovers. Vehicles like the Jeep Compass, Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross, the Subaru Crosstreck, and the soon-to-arrive Mazda CX-30 are all creating their own habitat within the crossover family. The 2020 Buick Encore is a perfect addition to this lineup; only it’s not just another pretty face. The new Encore GX hopes to take the lead by adding extra style, luxury, and technology to the Encore.
There’s really no other way to put it: the 2020 Buick Encore GX looks cool. A chrome surround starts at the front and reaches to the back; large taillights emphasize the breadth of the vehicle, while the slow curvature along the sides seems to pull the body in, giving it a fit, sporty aesthetic. The large grille up front is non-intrusive, but it does make a statement that this is something new, and quite possibly Buick’s most modern move in years.
Honestly, not until you see the Buick emblem would you be able to guess who makes this crossover. Nothing against the Buick brand, this is just something brand new. It’s luxurious, yet simple—a crossover but something much more; this is something we haven’t seen before from Buick.
Though we don’t have a lot of information on the new Encore GX just yet, what we do know is impressive. Inside there are the standard soft-touch materials throughout, LED lighting, and an Infotainment center with all the bells and whistles.
Compared to the Encore, the GX has 5.0 cubic feet more cargo space, and it comes with (standard) the following safety features:
- Automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection
- Lane-keeping assist, and lane-departure warning
- A rear-camera mirror and surround-view monitor
Though Buick is keeping a lot of information about the 2020 Encore GX close to the chest, we do have a list of specs to give an idea of just how substantial the GX is. Have a look at the breakdown:
- Engine: Turbocharged I4, 1.4
- EPA Class: 4WD Sport Utility Vehicle
- Style Name: Essence AWD
- Drivetrain: All Wheel Drive
- Passenger Capacity: 5
- Passenger Doors: 4
- Body Style: Sport Utility
- Transmission: 6-speed automatic, electronically-controlled with overdrive includes Driver Shift Control
Here is a bit on the vehicle’s dimensions:
- Front Hip Room: (in)51.65
- Front Leg Room: (in)40.82
- Second Shoulder Room: (in)52.5
- Passenger Volume: (ft³)92.8
- Second Head Room: (in)38.78
- Front Shoulder Room: (in)54.18
- Second Hip Room: (in)50.08
- Front Head Room: (in)39.58
- Second Leg Room: (in)35.75
- Wheelbase: (in)100.6
- Track Width, Rear: (in)60.62
- Height, Overall: (in)65.25
- Length, Overall: (in)168.35
- Ground Clearance: (in)6.22
- Track Width, Front: (in)60.65
- Width, Max w/o mirrors: (in)70.1
The 2020 Encore GX is also expected to have a fuel economy of 24 mpg in the city, 29 highway, and a combined mpg of 26. Not bad at all, especially for a turbocharged crossover.
Here are just a few more specs Buick has recently released on the GX:
- Brakes: 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc
- StabiliTrak, stability control system
- Daytime Running Lamps, separate cavity, LED
- Airbags, frontal and knee for driver and front passenger
- Airbag, Passenger Sensing System
- Seat belt, 3-point, driver with load limiter, height adjustable
- Seat belt, 3-point, front passenger with load limiter, height
- Restraint provisions, child Isofix 2 point for outboard seating
- OnStar and Buick connected services capable
- Buick Connected Access capable
- Side Blind Zone Alert
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Rear Vision Camera
- Door locks, child security rear, manual
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System, manual learn
With a zippy engine that does well to conserve fuel, a luxurious—and extra comfy—interior, and a cool-compact look to the exterior, the 2020 Buick Encore GX is quickly winning our hearts at Liberty Buick-GMC Trucks.
Visit our website or call us at 704-708-8000 to find out when the 2020 Buick Encore GX arrives on our lot!