Liberty Buick GMC: ‘Tis the Season to Save Money on a New Car
The end of the year is an important time for savvy car buyers. Typically, this is when dealers are trying to get rid of the year’s stock to make way for the new models, often leading to deals that reduce car prices by hundreds, if not thousands. It is also a good time to buy because most dealerships are trying to set prices low enough to maximize the chances of meeting their annual sales goals.
Don’t Wait to Buy that New Vehicle
You have done your research and know which vehicle best suits your needs. You have spent time exploring prices and what you can best afford. Now imagine yourself walking into the car lot and eyeing that vehicle you have been wanting. The test drive is over and it is the end of the day. You may be tired and not in the mood to deal with a salesman, but you came with the intent of getting a good deal and you, the savvy consumer, are determined to make that happen.
Buying at the end of the year is propitious on a much larger scale because it is typically when dealers are most anxious to close a sale in order to meet or exceed the year’s quota. Go vehicle shopping the last two weeks in December and you will find yourself negotiating over a sale that must be made. These two weeks are the absolute best in timing, as new models will be arriving soon and the ones remaining must be sold to make room.
As with any significant purchase, research, patience, and mediation skills are necessary. And in a perfect vehicle-buying situation, you the customer, as well as the salesperson, are both benefiting from the process. Waiting until the end of the workday is good, holding out until the end of the month is better, but if you can withstand the temptation to buy until those last two weeks in December, you will be able to give yourself quite a nice post holiday gift and for the best possible price.
What We Have to Offer
Though this time of year is typically best for purchasing, there are no guarantees that you will save a lot of money. What mostly determines the amount of sale you will find is the make of the car itself. The plain and simple truth is this: some car manufacturers have better end-of-year deals than others, and it is your job — as the smart buyer — to find that make and model best for you and your pocket book. (Luckily, we have already done that work for you.)
Buick and GMC win for having some of the best deals in pricing this December. Not only are Buick and GMC doing a bang up job at re-introducing its line-up to the general public with innovative designs and superior performance, but they also know the importance of offering a great deal. For instance, this December you can finance varying models for as low as zero percent and get large cash-back rebates (be sure to check out other hidden dealer rebates too).
Here are some examples of what you can save this year at Liberty Buick GMC:
- NEW 2019 BUICK ENCLAVE FWD
- SALE PRICE: $41,757
- MSRP: $48,180
- new 2019 buick encore essence fwd
- SALE PRICE: $26,698
- MSRP: $34,680
- NEW 2019 BUICK ENVISION AWD 4DR PREMIUM II
- SALE PRICE: $37,778
- MSRP: $48,030
- NEW 2018 BUICK REGAL TOURX PREFERRED AWD
- SALE PRICE: $29,401
- MSRP: $38,540
- NEW 2019 BUICK CASCADA 2DR CONV PREMIUM
- SALE PRICE: $33,908
- MSRP: $36,995
- NEW 2019 GMC Sierra 2500 HD 4WD Denali
- SALE PRICE: $64,568
- MSRP: $72,155
- NEW 2018 GMC Canyon 4wd sle
- SALE PRICE: $32,000
- MSRP: $38,575
- NEW 2019 GMC Acadia awd denali
- SALE PRICE: $44,735
- MSRP: $53,685
- NEW 2019 GMC terrain fwd denali
- SALE PRICE: $35,060
- MSRP: $43,410
- NEW 2018 GMC yukon 4wd slt
- SALE PRICE: $56,655
- MSRP: $68,685
Liberty Buick GMC Has Options!
Most people finance, a smaller percentage lease, and even fewer pay cash; but this is not indicative of which is best, as each option has its own set of advantages. Deciding on your method of purchase is highly dependent upon details such as how long you wish to own the vehicle, your current credit score, and how much cash you have in the bank. Regardless of your financial situation, each option should be scrutinized before making such a significant purchase.
- Paying cash: A positive to this method is a lack of worry over charges or finance fees; also, when using cash, you hold the title (rather than the bank), making for less hassle if you choose to sell the vehicle later down the road. And, first and foremost, you do not have to make monthly payments! A negative aspect to paying cash is that most often people don’t have such a large sum stowed away, and if they do, it may need to be set aside for another weighty buy — a house, college, nest egg…the list is never ending.
- Leasing: This option usually allows for a new model annually, and the vehicle is typically always under warranty, eliminating worry over engine or other performance problems. The monthly payments for leasing are often less than financing. Additionally, there are highly beneficial tax cuts when the leased vehicle is used primarily for business purposes. When leasing, you do not have to worry about making a down payment — assuming your credit is good enough. Negative aspects to leasing include a requirement of more than simply having basic insurance: often dealerships will require a specific amount or type of insurance, resulting in a higher monthly fee. Also, although a leased vehicle is covered with warranty, it is not covered for scratches and dents, which will have to be paid out of pocket.
- Financing: The most commonly used method of purchase for Americans, this option allows you to use the bank’s money, freeing up your disposable income and the time it can take to save enough money to pay cash. Credit scores determine the type of financing available (the higher the score, the lower the interest rate), and there are usually nice warranty packages out there for financers. The down side to financing? Your monthly payments are usually a little higher than when leasing, and there is usually a hefty down payment required.
How to Shop For a Great Deal
There are a few things to watch out for when car shopping this holiday season. In particular, if you are in need of an SUV and have been waiting for sale season to shop, here are just a few key tips to help you along in your shopping:
- In order to get the very best prices on SUVs this season, there are a few crucial steps that need to be taken. The first thing we suggest is if you have a trade-in vehicle, get it appraised first. A quick stop-in at CarMax, or even a detailed online search, can provide you with the exact amount your trade-in is worth. You can even stop in to our service department to see if it might be beneficial to have a little work done on your trade-in first. Sometimes this can bring up the value of the car. What sort of things will your service technician look for? Anything that is not performing properly. He or she will also look for things that could go wrong in the near future. Intricate pieces like engine belts, hoses, and plugs. These all need replacing every so often, and if you wait until they completely malfunction you could be left stranded. And even worse, they could cause damage to other parts of the engine. Don’t wait until something breaks. Let a professional look over your vehicle so that you can keep it running for years to come. This then becomes one less thing you have to worry about when shopping. Now you know the price to expect for your trade-in and you can perform a more realistic SUV search with a specific price in mind.
- Have an idea of the type of SUV you would like before you begin shopping. As with anything else, it’s a good idea to have a plan before you visit Liberty Buick GMC. Of course we can help you if you are unsure of what you would like, but the more you know coming in, the faster we can get you in your new ride! Even having a rough idea of your price range, make and model, as well as, color options can be a huge help when walking around on the lot.
- One of the most common hang-ups when buying a car is the paperwork. Having this in order before you purchase will keep you from the headache of trying to navigate through your documents at the last minute. Make sure you have your driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, payment method, and any paperwork you may have on your trade-in. Also, don’t forget to double-check the expiration dates on your insurance card. You would be amazed at how many times this is the culprit for causing frustration and a delay in driving away with a nice, new SUV.
- Lastly, if the process of buying takes a bit, don’t get frustrated. For a purchase such as this to take place properly, it often takes a little time. The most important thing is to be sure everything is done correctly so there are no unpleasant surprises later. Don’t be afraid to ask questions or get clarity on anything even a little confusing. Read the fine print, and make sure you are aware of all your sale bonuses, cash-back offers, and warranties.
We want your experience to as pleasant as possible. We always welcome questions, so don’t be nervous about the process of buying a new car, whether it’s an SUV, sedan, or pickup we have you covered.
Come See Us Today!
With the holiday season on our heals, it can be difficult to justify car shopping in the midst of all the other soon to be made purchases. But, those who know how to shop, who know that sometimes the most money saved is when it is used at the most inopportune time, understand that these last few months of the year are critical. Dealerships are clearing out what they can and it’s for the benefit of the buyer.
When you buy local you save on service, especially when you shop at Liberty Buick GMC where they “will make sure you get the best price when you purchase and the best service throughout the year.” Don’t wait any longer! This is the very best time to purchase a new or used vehicle.
Come into Liberty Buick GMC today, visit us online at clickliberty.com, or call 704.708.8000. As Charlotte’s largest Buick and GMC dealer we have exceptional prices across the lot.