The all-new, 2020 Buick Encore GX is here! Though Buick’s Encore has already seen success as a crossover vehicle, the 2020 GX comes in a new size and look, which creates a completely different, and new, feel to the vehicle. The Encore GX fits itself perfectly between the subcompact Encore and the compact Envision, in terms of size, and it comes with tons of upgrades. Buick is bringing fresh excitement to the crossover market, and at Liberty Buick GMC, we can’t wait for you to drive the 2020 Encore GX.
America has experienced—and is still exciting—a surge in crossover vehicle sales. Something about having the control and luxury of a sedan mixed with the power and grit of a sport utility vehicle makes us happy and excited to drive. Vehicles like the Jeep Compass, Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross, the Subaru Crosstreck, and the new Mazda CX-30 are all carving out a section for themselves within the crossover family. The 2020 Buick Encore is a perfect addition to this lineup, and not only because it fits the bill as a crossover. The new Encore GX hopes to take a lead in the crossover market by bringing high style, true luxury, and innovative technology to the Encore GX.
The 2020 Buick Encore GX has a great new look. It comes in a total of nine beautiful colors:
- White Frost Tricoat
- Deep Azure Metallic
- Burnished Bronze Metallic
- Black Currant Metallic
- Satin Steel Metallic
- Ebony Twilight Metallic
- Summit White
- Dark Moon Blue Metallic
- Chili Red Metallic
The slight curvature throughout the body provides contours and shadows, showing off the sleek design that could easily, at first glance, be mistaken for a modern Mercedes or Porsche SUV.
After a second look, though, you’ll realize you are in the presence of something impressively unique: a chrome surround starts at the front and reaches to the back; large taillights emphasize the breadth of the vehicle, while the modern design seems to pull the body in, giving it a fit, sporty aesthetic. The large grille up front is non-intrusive, but it does make a statement that this is something new, and quite possibly Buick’s most modern move in years.
- Wheelbase: (in)100.6
- Track Width, Rear: (in)60.62
- Height, Overall: (in)65.25
- Length, Overall: (in)168.35
- Min. Ground Clearance: (in)6.22
- Track Width, Front: (in)60.65
- Width, Max w/o mirrors: (in)70.1
Inside the Encore GX, there are soft-touch materials throughout, LED lighting to set the mood, and an Infotainment center with all the bells and whistles.
Compared to the Encore, the 2020 GX has 5.0 more cubic feet of cargo space, and it comes with all sorts of standard safety features: There’s the automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection—a must-have these days; lane-keeping assist, and lane-departure warning (great for those long, exhausting drives); there is also a rear-camera mirror and a surround-view monitor to keep you always aware of your surroundings; and these safety features only scrape the surface of what’s available.
Here is a quick breakdown of the interior specs:
- Front Hip Room: (in)51.65
- Front Leg Room: (in)40.82
- Second Shoulder Room: (in)52.5
- Passenger Volume: (ft³)92.8
- Second Head Room: (in)38.78
- Front Shoulder Room: (in)54.18
- Second Hip Room: (in)50.08
- Front Head Room: (in)39.58
- Second Leg Room: (in)35.75
The 2020 Buick Encore GX comes with a turbocharged I4, 1.4-liter engine and a 6-speed automatic, electronically-controlled with overdrive transmission—with driver shift control. The vehicle itself is considered an all-wheel-drive sport utility vehicle.
The four-door GX holds five passengers with ease and comfort for all, and it has a fuel economy of 24 mpg in the city, 29 highway, and a combined mpg of 26. Not bad at all, especially for a souped-up, turbocharged engine.
Here are just a few more features to the 2020 Buick Encore GX:
- Brakes: 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc
- StabiliTrak, stability control system
- Daytime Running Lamps, separate cavity, LED
- Airbags, frontal and knee for driver and front passenger
- Airbag, Passenger Sensing System
- Seat belt, 3-point, driver with load limiter, height adjustable
- Seat belt, 3-point, front passenger with load limiter, height
- Restraint provisions, child Isofix 2 point for outboard seating
- OnStar and Buick connected services capable
- Buick Connected Access capable
- Side Blind Zone Alert
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- Rear Vision Camera
- Door locks, child security rear, manual
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System, manual learn
With a zippy engine that does well to conserve fuel, a luxurious interior, and a cool-compact look to the exterior, the 2020 Buick Encore GX is quickly winning our hearts at Liberty Buick-GMC.
Visit our website or call us at 704-708-8000 to find out more about the all-new Encore GX.