Introducing the Bold, Redesigned 2020 GMC Acadia
The 2020 GMC Acadia has undergone a refresh since its complete redesign that occurred in 2017, and has arrived for our Charlotte area buyers. From the striking new front end to the all new rear end, or the first ever Acadia AT4 model engineered for adventure, Liberty Buick GMC is excited give you the run-down on how you will see yourself in the new 2020 GMC Acadia coming to our showroom this fall.
The kids are at home or heading back from camp, but school is just a few days out from coming back into session. Some of us are wrapping up those sweet vacations and plans, and going back to the grind of work and day-to-day life. Summer is in session, but fall is around the corner, and here in Mount Airy, we’re looking ahead to these changing times.
Ready for 2020 vision?
For many, August is a month of change and clarity, and arguably a worthy competitor of January 1st. Some New Year’s Resolutions don’t pan out, but August is over halfway through the year and a great time to consider taking up new resolutions, goals, and ideas. August is also the time of year that we start getting exclusive looks at the line-up of 2020 models heading into our dealership this fall. Whether you are looking for greater reliability, peace of mind, power, or style, the 2020 GMC Acadia should be what you set your sights on heading into fall 2019.
The 2020 GMC Acadia delivers a surprisingly powerful performance, and a distinctive bold new look, despite its redesign merely three years ago in 2017. Looking into the 2020 Acadia, GMC has clearly valued great attention to detail when it comes to every inch of the design of this mid-size SUV. With the 2020 GMC Acadia, you will be sure to receive a premium driving experience, whether you choose the Acadia or the first ever 2020 Acadia AT4.
At a glance, the 2020 Acadia will catch your eye for its:
- New bolder styling with a redesigned hood and grille
- New LED headlamps and taillamps with signature C-shape lighting
- Authentic materials throughout, including available real wood accents
- Available 20″ aluminum wheels
- Available heated, power-adjustable, power-folding outside mirrors
In fact, the vice president of Global GMC, Duncan Aldred, described the 2020 Acadia as, “…stylish, functional and capable with more of the smart convenience and connectivity features that customers rely on every day. And with GMC’s signature refinement at its core, the new Acadia advances the brand’s commitment to offering premium vehicles for discerning crossover customers.”
Does the 2020 Acadia bring more than a facelift in the newest refresh?
Of course, the 2020 Acadia is not vain with just impressive outer appearances. GMC has ensured that what’s on the inside counts just as much, with:
- Available 3.6L V6 engine with 310 horsepower
- New available 2.0L Turbo engine
- New 9-speed automatic transmission
- New Stop/Start technology with deactivation switch
Under the hood, the 2020 Acadia continues with a 193 horsepower, 2.5-liter engine and the 310 horsepower, 3.6-liter engine, but also gains an optional 2.0-liter turbocharged four cylinder engine with a new nine-speed automatic suspension on the Acadia SLT and Acadia Denali models. Producing a stunning 237 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque, this engine is designed to provide the perfect blend of power and efficiency, along with premium refinement. The engine is rated at a GMC-estimated 230 horsepower (172 kW) and 258 lb-ft of torque (350 Nm).
The 2020 Acadia is optimizing the performance for varied driving demands through:
- High valve lift for maximum power
- Low valve lift for a greater balance of power and efficiency
- Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation) that disables two of the cylinders in light load conditions to optimize efficiency
Reliability for the 2019-2020 school year (and years to come)
A modern vehicle can be as forward thinking and connected as you are, which is why the 2020 Acadia keeps you up to date and on the go. The Acadia is engineered to help you drive with peace of mind, even at maximum capacity.
Whether carpooling to work, serving as the personal Uber to the children as they race from school, sports practice, music lessons, or visiting family locally around the Carolinas or taking long road trips, rest assured that the Acadia is always performing at its best.
This time of the year can be chaotic for families as they head back to school and get back into the swing of new schedules and priorities. The 2020 Acadia refresh has introduced even more cutting edge technology and design to make your driving safer and more efficient. Check these out:
- New available 6″ diagonal color Head-Up Display
- New available Rear Camera Mirror
- New Electronic Precision Shift system
- Available Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
- Available Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert
- Active Noise Cancellation
- Rear Seat Reminder
The Next Generation GMC Infotainment system incorporates an 8-inch color touch screen (with a new and improved user interface from the 2017 redesign), hands-free Bluetooth connectivity, Android Auto and Apple Car Play, as well as, an available 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot which can provide connectivity for up to seven devices. Your passengers will love being able to catch up on social media, share their favorite new song, or search that urgent Google search-worthy question facing debate during the ride home.
Certain models can be equipped with embedded navigation that incorporates Cloud connectivity, meaning you’ll experience improved real-time traffic updates or migrate driver profiles, so no more fighting over changing radio station presets or other vehicle preferences between drivers.
On the Go, and Looking Better than Ever
With a powerful performance and a bold new look, the 2020 Acadia mid-size SUV offers functional versatility and intelligent technology for a premium driving experience.
The 2020 Acadia has ample and stylish cargo space that can accommodate all the equipment that comes with your busy life.
How will the 2020 Acadia make your life easier? The Acadia certainly delivers with the following:
- Three rows of seating with third-row 50/50 split bench
- Smart Slide second-row seating
- Fold-flat second- and third-row seats
- Seating options for 6 or 7 passengers
- New large pass-through under-console storage
- Available hands-free power programmable lift gate
Looking for more of an off-the-pavement type of adventure? Look no further.
In 2020, GMC is introducing the first ever Acadia AT4. Not only does it bring impressive off-road performance to the already powerful and bold Acadia, but it also provides an adventurous design inspired by outdoor lifestyles on the exterior and interior. There’s also:
- Advanced twin-clutch AWD system
- Powerful 3.6L V6 engine
- 9-Speed automatic transmission
- Traction Select System
- Exclusive AT4 17″ wheels with all-terrain tires
- Exclusive AT4 grille and black chrome exterior accents
- Black outside mirrors and gloss-black roof rails
- Exclusive interior with AT4 badging
- AT4 heavy-duty floor mats and cargo mat
- Available cargo management system
The AT4 model line incorporates an active, athletic spirit into its design, from its distinct and exclusive black chrome finished grille design, gloss black roof rails, black mirror, caps, and a black chrome tail lamp accent panel, to the 17-inch wheels finished in black chrome (also, exclusive only to the AT4) with all-terrain standard tires. The interior doesn’t disappoint with an extension of style into the cabin with dark chrome interior accents, and Jet Black or Kalahari leather-appointed seats.
The Acadia AT4 offers a five-passenger seating configuration, alongside a Cargo Management System that can provide additional storage flexibility within the cargo area.
Drive with confidence: Safety and Prevention Technologies
Every time you get behind the wheel of a 2020 GMC Acadia, you can drive with confidence knowing that you and your passengers are safe. The Driver Alert package, available on Acadia SLE and standard on Acadia SLT, AT4, and Denali, includes:
- Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert: Provides the driver with an illuminated warning in the side view mirrors before and during a lane change maneuver if a moving vehicle is detected in or rapidly approaching the driver’s blind zones.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert: When in Reverse, Rear Cross Traffic Alert can provide alerts to help the driver avoid colliding with approaching detected left or right cross-traffic, such as when backing out of a crowded parking space or driveway with side obstructions.
- Rear Park Assist: This can help drivers avoid certain objects when backing up at low speeds. Rear Park Assist may not detect all children, pedestrians, bicyclists, animals or objects below the bumper. Drivers should remember to always check the area around the vehicle before backing up and make sure the Rear Vision Camera lens is kept clean of mud, dirt, and snow.
The Driver Alert Package II, which is available on Acadia SLT and AT4 models and standard on Acadia Denali, builds off the Driver Alert I package by adding:
- Automatic Emergency Braking: In some emergency low-speed front-end collision situations, this feature can help reduce crash severity or even help avoid it by either applying the brakes automatically if the driver has not already done so, or enhancing the driver’s braking.
- Forward Collision Alert: This system can warn drivers of a possible front-end collision situation with a vehicle they are following.
- Front Pedestrian Braking: In some emergency front-end collision situations, the available Front Pedestrian Braking feature can help reduce injury or avoid the collision with pedestrians by applying the brakes automatically or enhancing the driver’s braking.
- Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning: Provides gentle steering wheel input and alerts to help prevent drivers from unintentionally drifting out of their intended lane.
- Intellibeam headlamps: High-beam headlamps can automatically be switched on when it is dark enough and when no other traffic is present, and then turned off when conditions warrant, such as when another vehicle is approaching.
- Front and Rear Park Assist: This can help drivers avoid certain objects in front or behind the vehicle’s path during low-speed parking.
- Safety Alert Seat: Intuitively communicates the direction of a possible collision threat by pulsing the corresponding sides of the driver’s seat.
The 2020 GMC Acadia at Liberty Buick GMC
If you’re looking for a stylish, capable, and impeccably-refined midsize SUV, consider the new 2020 GMC Acadia. The prices of the 2020 Acadia remain unknown, but will likely have mild increases over the current 2019 models, which range from $33,995 to $48,695. Look for the 2020 Acadia to arrive on our lot this fall, 2019.
Can’t wait until the 2020 model is here? We’ve got you covered
Currently, we have the 2019 Acadia, Acadia Denali, and Terrain Denali available. Choose your build, view our inventory, and request a quote today! Our team of Acadia enthusiasts is well-equipped to answer any questions that you may have about this capable SUV.